[PythonCE] Comtypes installation problem...

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Thu Jun 26 17:06:47 CEST 2008

David Goncalves wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install comtypes on Python 2.5 (2007-10 release).
> I've copied the "comtypes" folder to "Program files\Python25\Lib".

That is part of the Win32 extensions for Python which run on the desktop
(with a different CPU and different APIs to your WinCE device).

You would have to recompile especially for WinCE, which would be
'difficult'.

You are much better off using ctypes for PythonCE, which comes with the
latest PythonCE 2.5 I believe.

Michael Foord