[PythonCE] Python CE on a Intel XScale industrial device.

Alexandre Delattre alexandre.delattre at enst-bretagne.fr
Thu Jul 31 18:31:00 CEST 2008

Hi,

In my opinion if you're able to run the python exe it means that is not processor related.

I think the problem comes from what you've pointed out, the OS versions constraints.

I think we should rebuild the .cab to allow os versions from 4.00 and 5.99 as you suggested. There's also a bug in the cab that would be worth fixing at the same time:

In one of the registry key that associates  .pyw to pythonce without shell we have to replace \nopcceshell by /nopcceshell.

Else this cause the error <NULL>:<NULL> to be raised when running .pyw.

For tKinter, the dll are not shipped with PythonCE and you have to copy them manually, more info on the wiki.

For ppygui I'll be very glad if you use my toolkit, and if you send me your traceback I'll make my possible to make it work for you.
I think the issue you described comes from that ppygui was designed for PocketPC 2003 and Windows Mobile, while it seems from screenshot your device has the 'classic' wince interface.

Regards,
Alexandre