[PythonCE] The State of Affairs

Christopher Fairbairn christopher at christec.co.nz
Wed Jul 16 01:46:38 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Wed 16/07/08 09:15 , Brad Clements bkc at murkworks.com sent:
> Plus some things about CE were just too difficult to workaround,
> requiring lots of C macros that weren't not appealing to core developers:

Over the last year and a half or so I have been inspired occassionally to look
into cleaning up the existing patch.

It's non trivial however especially if you want concepts such as an emulated
current working directory to be exposed to external libraries such as the SDL
graphics and Berkeley DB ones. This would be required if you want the broadest
script compatability between desktop and PDA versions of Python.

If anyone is interested in having a shot I would be willing to discuss my
thoughts and experiments in this area to get you started. There seems to only be
minimal development occuring within PythonCE (who is actively working on the main
pythonce.exe at the moment?) and I don't have enough time to commit to the project.

Thanks,
Christopher Fairbairn