[PythonCE] PPYGUI - parent window and closing it

Adam Walley adam.walley at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 20:25:54 CEST 2008

Alexandre,

Thank you for this news. I will update things tomorrow and see if it works.
Just to be clear, when I originally tested my app, the Python shell launches
and the ppygui app opens on top of it. I was able to go into
settings/system/memory and close the Python shell without affecting the
normal operation of the ppygui. Also, when I exited my ppygui app using my
sys.exit() button everything closes correctly and is no longer resident - I
checked this in settings/system/memory. When I used the 'X' then both the
shell and the app would remain resident until I terminated them manually.
This also prevented me from running another app until I had done this.

Using the registry tweak, the Python shell is not visible and it does not
even appear in the list under settings/system/memory; only my app's name
appears. When I exit, everything is closed normally whether I use my own
sys.exit() button or the 'X' in the corner, and nothing remains in memory
(unless it somehow stays there without appearing in the system's list).

These are my experiences specific to my iPAQ1950 running WM5 and PythonCE
2.5, so other systems may not behave exactly this way (though PythonCE does
seem to be quite consistent).

Anyhow, I think this problem has been resolved, so thanks again.

Adam