[PythonCE] General questions

Alexandre Delattre alexandre.delattre at enst-bretagne.fr
Thu Jan 3 13:30:51 CET 2008

Hi Fredéric and happy new year to all :)

> I found a little bluetooth/serial module for my panoramic head project:

>    http://www.adeunis-rf.com/list_produits.php?lng=FR&gid=6&pid=ARF32+Data <http://www.adeunis-rf.com/list_produits.php?lng=FR&gid=6&pid=ARF32+Data>

> Do you think the com will be totally transparent with this module? My goal
> is to drive a serial device, and I would like to avoid bluetooth
> programmin stuff...

I've used only ceserial with bluetooth in little projects like winamp/bmpx remote controller, and a sms sender via a bluetooth phone,
and so far it seems to work like a regular serial port.
However, there's some little tricks to make it work at first :

1) You must create an ongoing port in your bluetooth settings, by default the outgoing port is COM6
2) In your code:

from ceserial import Serial

s = Serial("COM6:") # "COM6" only will not work, since it is based on the CreateFileW WinCE API function
s.open() # This will pop a dialog allowing to choose which bt device to connect

# Then regular serial code

Hope it helps,
Alexandre