[PythonCE] General questions

Frédéric Mantegazza frederic.mantegazza at gbiloba.org
Sat Oct 20 16:56:43 CEST 2007

Hello,

I'm a python developper (I use it for in my work), but only under Linux. I
recently started to develop on PalmOs, but it lacks a python port! So, I'm
now looking at Pocket PC, to use PythonCE.

1) My first question is: how do you develop? Do you write python scripts on
your PC, and then download them to the PocketPC? Is it also possible to
edit the script on the PcoketPC? Is it possible to download the scripts
from Linux?

2) What buses are available on Pocket PC, and useable with PythonCE? My
goal is to use it as a remote control for a panoramic head; the easiest
way is to use serial port, for which I saw a script on this list. But
there are maybe other buses I could use...

3) Which PocketPC do I need to run PythonCE? It is maybe more a WindowsCE
version issue, so which version? Is serial port availabe on all Pocket PC,
or only (like for Palm) on old models?

4) Which Pocket PC do you recommend, as it will be only used under
PythonCE, to drive the pano head? I would prefer by an used one, without
too many features I won't use...

Thanks for you advices.

PS: feel free to redirect me on other ML/forums, or on good web sites where
I can find these informations...

--
   Frédéric

   http://www.gbiloba.org