[PythonCE] PythonCE on Smartphone (WM6)

Christopher Fairbairn christopher at christec.co.nz
Wed Oct 17 08:22:56 CEST 2007

Hi Jorgen,

On 17/10/2007, at 7:29 AM, Jorgen Bodde wrote:
> Thank you for your answer, I guess I need to find a port of wxWidgets
> / wxPython or some kind that targets the mobile platform better, or
> instead use the Embedded Visual Studio with .NET. I love Python so I
> hope there is a better alternative for the smartphone.

I personally have been using vensterce (http://sourceforge.net/
projects/vensterce) as my GUI toolkit.

It is a very thin wrapper over top of the Win32 GUI APIs provided by
the operating system. This coupled with some of the API documentation
that explains how to create spinbox style lists and expandable edit
controls (http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms832344.aspx)
works reasonably well for me.

However even this vensterce (out of the box) doesn't abstract these
kinds of UI differences. It is something I am contemplating
contributing to the vensterce project at some stage...

Hope this helps,
Christopher Fairbairn