[PythonCE] remote-console

Thomas Heller theller at ctypes.org
Fri Feb 16 21:10:35 CET 2007

Ruben Miguelez Garcia schrieb:
> 	Dear Thomas,
>
>> A much improved version is available here:
>>
>> http://ctypes-stuff.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/wince/remote-console/
>>
>> The console.py script is thought to be run on the workstation.  Editing
>> the client.py script (which is transferred automatically to the PDA) is no
>> longer needed.
>>
>> console.py accepts some command line options which can also be used for
>> Python itself:  -m 'package', -c 'Python commands',  other options are
>> accepted but don't do anything: -i, -u.
>
> 	Is this program only for Windows? (i.e. to be run on a Windows-Python )
>
> 	I have Linux and it give me some errors [1]. It seems that the problem is
> just importing ctypes.wintypes which crash.
>
> 	I have tried to update ctypes many times but the error don't disappear.
>
> 	Does anyone have similar problem?
>

> 	Thanks for your time and your program. I'm still using the previous
> version. :o)

Ah, great.  Yes, the current version only works on Windows, it requires that
the device is connected via ActiveSync.  The CeRemoteAPI is used to transfer
the client script to the device, and start the interpreter there.  Sorry
for this limitation.  Is there something on Linux that allows to transfer files
and start processes on the PDA?

Thomas