[PythonCE] Spam on the wiki

Alan Kennedy pythonce at xhaus.com
Mon Aug 13 23:09:31 CEST 2007

[alexandre]
> I've seen you have cleaned the wiki, if you have time you can get a
> look on this page : http://wikkawiki.org/FreeCap, it's about
> integrating a captcha system with Wikka. Thanks,

A nice captcha system is reCAPTCHA.

"""
Over 60 million CAPTCHAs are solved every day by people around the
world. reCAPTCHA channels this human effort into helping to digitize
books from the Internet Archive. When you solve a reCAPTCHA, you help
preserve literature by deciphering a word that was not readable by
computers.
"""

http://recaptcha.net/aboutus.html

There's a web API, and plugins for all kinds of environments

http://recaptcha.net/resources.html

Including python

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/recaptcha-client

And lastly, if you look at the bottom of the "About Us" page, you'll see
the words "most of reCAPTCHA is written in Python.".

Regards,

Alan.