[PythonCE] Trying to Code Python ON a Pocket PC Phone

Bandung bandung at skyesystems.com
Wed Sep 27 20:01:50 CEST 2006

Ugggh.  retraction here. I can indeed call python.exe from my storage card
using the long path convention.  What I meant to say is that  I haven't yet
figured out how to execute a script sitting on my storage card.  Thank you
for pointing it out that executables do indeed work with the full path
statement.  Unfortunately for me, the whole point of this whole sordid
exercise is to get the script to run..

That old gotcha about the lack of a true console and commands such as
"raw_input" or "input" not being supported within the pythonce port has
reared its ugly head again.  And as you once wrote on this site, this is
probably why commands such as "python.exe -i" or the -m or -c option don't
work.

Still there is hope that this "exercise" might yet work.  I found a little
utility that will start python.exe and then when I pass along the name of
the python script that I wish to run, it runs that script.   Its a binary
that installs on the pda.
http://www.pocketpcdn.com/articles/samples/Run_arm.exe run_arm.exe    So if
the author figured out how to do that with his proggie, then I most
assuredly should be able to do it within Vim.

Apart from having the desire to have the commands "raw_input" and
"python.exe -i {script}" working, I would love to have my pocket Vim
compiled with the python option.  In that way, I could write my Vim macros
in python!  Alas I know jack about how to get visual studio to compile
anything.  I still have eVC3 which I used to use for little Visual Basic
proggies on my HPC 2000 but that was way back when I was a Microsoft bigot.
Since all of my programming efforts are simply part time and personal,
today, if it doesn't say Open Source with the word "Python" along side of
it, I ain't very interested.

Anyways, the pocket Vim  exercise looks mucho promising.  Now if I could
just get pysqlite with sqlite3 and wxpythonce and bwidgets to "bleepin"
work...