[PythonCE] Python CE on Windows Mobile 5

jeffbarish jeff_barish at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 22 16:11:40 CET 2006

I've been using Python on Windows Mobile 5 for a couple months.  I have
encountered only two problems, neither directly related to Python.  (1) I
haven't been able to find a console that works on Mobile 5.  PocketConsole
(http://www.symbolictools.de/public/pocketconsole/) works only on Mobile
2002.  (2) wxPython produces a bogus warning about comctrl32.dll if you use
a list control in virtual mode.  Other than that, everything I have done
with Python has worked.  I was particularly pleased to see that Pyro works
on PythonCE.