[PythonCE] IdleCE

Brian Brown brian at ablelinktech.com
Wed Mar 1 20:28:47 CET 2006

On Mar 1, 2006, at 11:42 AM, Michael Foord wrote:

> Ed Blake wrote:
>> [snip..]
>>> did you manage to get wx running?
>>>

>> I never really tried.  Every time I look at Wx it goes the same way:
>> I check out the demos and am wowed by the great widgets/events/
>> applications
>> it can handle, then I check out the code and find that it is
>> obtuse, sparsely
>> commented (for example code), and generally confusing...
>>
>> Last time I checked out Wx (~ 2 Mo. ago) things were put together
>> better, and
>> the documentation was becoming rather good/complete.  It just
>> doesn't do
>> anything which would compel me to switch though, and it seems
>> rather more
>> complicated than Tkinter.
>>
> You ought to check out Wax. It's a friendly Pythonic layer that sits
> atop of wx and IMHO is just as easy to use as Tkinter.

Well, there is also our skinning framework - you specify the GUI in
XML, but inline python is a major part of it. It was designed to
allow sending an functional GUI page over jabber or some other
transport. There are a lot of other interesting tools at the project
as well: http://www.techgame.net/projects/framework

Get it and check out the demos.

Brian

btw, it's BSD licensed.