[PythonCE] How to edit registry on pocketpc to change how IE displays python files.

david creane dc at openapp.biz
Tue Jan 17 18:50:11 CET 2006

Ive installed pythonce and Tkinter on a pocketpc 2003 2nd edition. And it runs
any python scripts on it. I want to be able to connect to a python file on a
share and have it run the python file but in Internet explorer it just opens
the python file as a text file. So i downloaded a registry editor on the
pocketpc to try and change the way IE opens the file. Either to open it up in
a save as dialog box and the run the python file like it would do for say an
mp3 file or to run the python file directly in IE somehow. However im not
sure what needs to be changed in the registry. In the python file I tried
adding a BroswerFlag to the .py under file associations but that didnt seem
to work. Any help would be appreciated on whether this can be done.