[PythonCE] How do you develop on the PocketPC?

Fuzzyman fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Mon Jan 9 14:30:23 CET 2006

Thomas Heller wrote:

>Does anyone (everyone ?) start the Python interpreter on the device, and
>use the stylus to enter interactive commands?
>Or does one write scripts on the PC, let ActiveSync transfer them, and
>start them by clicking on the filename?
>
>I cannot really believe that.  BTW, when an uncatched exception occurs
>in a script, I see a box displaying:

I personally tend to end up writing code *on the pocketpc* (usually when
I'm on the move somewhere, or in a  waiting room) - rather than for the
pocketpc. Because of this I usually use pocket notepad. Probably *not*
the best person to answer your question...

>"""
>Python Error
>============
>Traceback (innermost last):
><NULL>: <NULL>
>"""

If you flick between other active tasks, you'll see the real traceback
in another window. (You'll need a task manager to do this).

I often use this to display output - print stuff to the screen and then
throw an error so that the :

	"<NULL>: <NULL>"

window hangs round for me to see the output in the other window...

All the best,

Fuzzyman