[PythonCE] "political issues"?

David L. Kashtan kashtan at Validus.Com
Fri Jan 6 23:46:19 CET 2006

This is just conjecture on my part, but having been elbow-deep in the
Python 2.3.4 code, I don't think multi-platform was much of a concern
for Python in the early days.  When you don't have a multi-platform
(in this case Multi-OS) architecture in place early-on, the code slowly
becomes less and less maintainable because of all the conditionals the
developers have to deal with.

I think this is pretty much the problem Brad dealt with when he attempted
to put his Python 1.5 port into the mainline.  With a lot of MACROS going
in, the Mainline developers were reluctant to deal with it.  That is one
of the reasons why I went with a compatability layer to make PythonCE as
close to Win32 Python as possible.

David