[PythonCE] How tobuild PythonCE 2.5

Luke Dunstan coder_infidel at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 30 14:11:01 CET 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Naiqian Lu" <nlu54 at yahoo.com>
To: <pythonce at python.org>
Sent: Friday, December 29, 2006 10:02 AM
Subject: [PythonCE] How tobuild PythonCE 2.5

> Hi,
>
> I have download pythonce source, and try to build it
> to generate CAB file, just for familiar with python
> code.
>
> What I found out is that Scons will not build. It
> shows:
>
> C:\Source\python-wince\PCbuild\WinCE>scons
> scons: Reading SConscript files ...
> <type 'exceptions.NameError'>: global name 'defpaths'
> is not defined:
>
> the defpaths was used in msevc to get include, lib,
> and exe path. But I could not find where it gets
> defined (and set).
>
> The old version (2.4.3) use nmake, and set the path in
> batch file.
>
> Does the source package for 2.5 missing something? And
> where should I set the defpaths?

It is a bug in msevc.py, but I didn't notice it before so there must be
something different on your PC. Do you have Microsoft eMbedded Visual C++
4.0 installed? Do you have the Pocket PC 2003 SDK installed? If you really
need to use a different SDK then changes to the build system and/or source
code may be necessary. If you have both of these then what directories are
they installed in?

Luke