[PythonCE] Running with the screen turned off

Stephan Peters s.p.c.peters at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 14:40:37 CET 2006

Hi all! Just started experimenting with Python on my windows mobile 2005
phone/pda. It has it's built in GPS receiver, so that just begs to be used.
I already managed to establish a connection to it using ceserial. Very nice
module.

But now a question pops up. I'm planning to have my program run constantly
in the background of my pda and function as a GPS logger. However, windows
powers down by default after 3 minutes. And pauzes my program along with it.
So, the big question is: does anyone know a way to keep the program running
while the screen is turned off? Sort of like the screen off function as use
by windows media player.

Thanks in advance!

Merry Christmas!

Stephan Peters