[PythonCE] VimCE

Bandung bandung at skyesystems.com
Fri Dec 15 00:43:49 CET 2006

Editing vs IDE

Editing
The most sought after features that I like to see in an editor are context
sensitive hiliting and a lot of short cut keys.  It would also be nice to
have auto completion of commands.  I don't have the latter within VimCE.

IDE
The ability to execute the modified code with a single click is really cool.
It would also be cool to support auto completion of commands.  A third
feture would be the ability to enter some break points for debugging.
Another capability would be to be able to access a graphical GUI builder,
look at your code using a UML viewing mode, etc.

IDLE is a pretty decent editor and IDE.  But I am far more proficient
editing code from within Vim.  All I want over and above a decent editor for
the pda environment now is the ability to execute that modified code easily
without having to use 4 or 5 clicks  (to find files that are deep within
some file folder structure on my Storage Card).   I have discovered a few
work arounds which gets it down to two clicks and now I don't have to worry
about a modified py module not being reloaded by IDLE and executed.   So
that is the extent of my search for a better "IDE" at this juncture.