[PythonCE] grid manager

Bandung bandung at skyesystems.com
Tue Dec 12 16:14:53 CET 2006

The following code snippet shows what I use in order to place a frame at the
top rather than the centre of my screen.

        #### --Frame ---------------
        self.frame1=Frame(Parent)
        # self.frame1.configure(width= 235,height= 150)
        self.frame1.grid(row=0,column=0, sticky=W)
        # self.frame1.place(x=0)
        # self.frame1.configure(bg="green")

        self.frame3=Frame(Parent)
        # self.frame3.configure(width= 235, )
        self.frame3.grid(row=1,column=0, sticky=W)

        self.frame4=Frame(Parent)
        # self.frame3.configure(width= 235, )
        self.frame4.grid(row=2,column=0, sticky=W)

You will note that frame1 has been positioned using the grid. I set its
position at row = 0, col = 0.  And by using the parameter "sticky = W", it
has been left justified.  I could have used sticky= NW but instead, I chose
to use the another command to force the frame to always be in the top left
corner.  That is the "place" command.

         frame.place(x=0)

forces everything into the top left hand corner.

Hope this helps.