[PythonCE] wxpython for ce

jeffbarish jeff_barish at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 20 13:26:13 CEST 2006

Here is some relevant information that I exchanged with Robin on 23 March
about the source diffs provided by Brian Retford:

>Jeffrey Barish wrote:
>> Were you able to get this posted on starship?  Will you post directions
>> on how
>> to access it at starship?
>
>I haven't done it yet, I'd like to get it integrated into the current
>CVS source tree, and make the current sources buildable for WinCE.  It
>looks like the patch will only apply cleanly to a rather old version of
>the sources, so I need to reconcile a few things with the current source
>and build methods, etc.

I am hoping that Robin will provide an update in response to your query, but
I don't know whether he reads this mail list.  You might be better off
posting on comp.python.wxpython.  Clearly, what Robin is doing is the ideal
solution and will result in a version of wxPython for winCE consistent with
versions for other platforms.  The old version from Brian Retford runs but
has at least one whopper bug.  I'm sure that many of us are waiting
breathlessly for the new version that Robin is working on.