[PythonCE] PhotoImage color distortion

Brian Gough bjg at network-theory.co.uk
Mon Sep 26 21:50:16 CEST 2005

Hello,

I'm porting a Python/Tkinter app to an IPAQ and have hit a strange
problem with Photoimage colors.  The app works, but the colors in all
the PhotoImage's are "off" slightly making it look ugly.

For example, white in a GIF or PPM is displayed in a PhotoImage as a
light blue-grey, and doesn't match up with the white background of the
app set with bg="white".

Opening up the gifs in IE on the IPAQ gives the correct colors,
so somehow Tk is not displaying them correctly.

I'm using Python/Tkinter from http://fore.validus.com/~kashtan/ and
the IPAQ is a 65k color model.

It all works fine on the standard desktop Windows Python/Tkinter.
Anyone seen this or have any ideas how I can fix it?

Thanks.

--
Brian Gough

Network Theory Ltd,