[PythonCE] Getting Started with Python on Mobile windows 2003

konrad Zielinski kzielinski at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 01:28:16 CEST 2005

1) I only have 2.2 installed at the moment. somehow I found the installation
instructions much easier to follow.

2) There is a win32gui module, which exposes the Mobile windows API.
I'd be more incined to use this directly for GUI applications. This is
what I'd like to see an example of. I suspect it will not suffer from
isses of things looking wrong.

On 9/16/05, Edward Fewell <EdwardFewell at hotmail.com> wrote:
> 1) I don't know. I've done some brief looking about and haven't found
> anything of the sort yet.
>
> 2) Yes.  I've installed the 2.3.4 port onto my Mobile 2003 device.  It
> included a script to update the registry so that you can just click on
> scripts to execute them.
>
> 3) Below is a Tkinter demo modified to work on my device.  I have installed
> the 2.3.4 PythonCE and the tcl 8.4.3 ports on my device.  A bit more than a
> simple Hello World demo, but it's pretty straight forward and fills the
> screen with a variety of the widgets available.

 << snip >>