AW: [PythonCE] UnicodeDecodeError with print

Isr Gish isrgish at fastem.com
Thu Mar 17 03:29:33 CET 2005

"Michael Foord"<mike at pcblokes.com> wrote:
   >The encoding that I need is ``sys.stdout.encoding`` not
   >``sys.defaultencoding`` (as I learned yesterday). Thanks for the reply
   >though...

I'm not clear what you meen by sys.stdout.encoding. As far as I can tell there no such thing.
Also I think that when the default encoding is set it applies to stdout. Anyways thats what I thought till now. I guess I should check that out.

All the best
Isr
P.s. After checking it it seems to work as I expected for I don't get an error. But one problem I have is that it just shows as a box not the character I want.
Isr