[PythonCE] Non-english PPC device users on this list?

Christian Baumgärtel chrbaumgaertel at gmx.de
Mon Jan 10 23:17:00 CET 2005

Obtaining the "Program Files"-Folder:
 I think the standard way to get it, is to use the windows API function
SHGetSpecialFolderPath()
with nFolder = CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES, see
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wceshellui5
/html/wce50lrfSHGetSpecialFolderPath.asp

ATTENTION: In in earlier documentation, (for WinCE3.0) I read, that the
operating system returns FALSE, even if this function succeeds. I have not
tried this function on WinCE, but use it on standard windows systems.

Regards,
Christian