[PythonCE] baseHTTPServer and CGIHTTPServer

Brad Clements bkc at murkworks.com
Tue Jan 4 22:16:33 CET 2005

On 4 Jan 2005 at 14:32, Ron Phillips wrote:

> "http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/response.py into the browser when everything's
> onxp, but not when everything's on CE (/Program
> Files/python/httpTest/).Server.py says it can't find the file.

I'm not familiar with cheap-o cgi serving this way.

I suspect that the cgi interface is looking for response.py relative to the current working
directory.

Windows CE has no concept of cwd, so that cannot work.

You'll have to look at the CGIHTTPServer source to be certain.

Oh heck, the source says it uses popen or os.fork, well I really don't expect either of
those to work on windows CE either.

CGI uses self.translate_path which must be defined in SimpleHTTPRequestHandler

--

You might consider looking at the dibbler.py module that's included in the spambayes
package.

Its a really simple way of serving up python code from a python based webserver.

--
Brad Clements,                bkc at murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
http://www.wecanstopspam.org/                   AOL-IM: BKClements