[PythonCE] IdleCE Feature Request

Michael Foord mike at pcblokes.com
Tue Feb 8 09:35:02 CET 2005

Ed Blake wrote:

>--- Michael Foord <mike at pcblokes.com> wrote:
>

>>A couple of feature requests. The first of which isn't straightforward -
>>but would be nice.
>>
>>1) Get IdleCE to use the windows clipboard for cut/copy/past operations.
>>At the moment it's not possible to copy and paste into IdleCE from other
>>applications. This would mean finding the right function calls in the
>>windows API I guess. Whilst we're on the subject ctrl- C, X, V, S key
>>bindings would also be very nice.
>>
>>2) Is there a maximum file size limit for IdleCE ? When attempting to
>>edit a 46kb file yesterday, it would only seem to load the first couple
>>of kilobytes ?
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Fuzzy
>>

>Okay, I'll answer the first question first.  To my knowledge IdleCE is using
>the system clipboard.  I have a number of influential Python texts stored on
>my SD card and I copy example code from IE to IdleCE to test it out.
>Possibly the version of tcl/tk you are using is flawed/hacked/altered to
>change its behavior.  The version of PythonCE and Tk I am using were obtained
>here:
>
>http://fore.validus.com/~kashtan/

Sounds like the version of Tkinter I have is dodgy. I'll try downloading
and re-installing.

My device is an ARM XDA with PPC2002.

I was surprised that my 46k file didn't open (46k is peanuts compared to
the size of the libraries). I tried several times though and it always
cut off at the same place... Bizarre. Particularly as to achieve that
you would have had to *explicitly* limit file size (which I thought was
unlikely !).

Anyway - I'm really pleased with IdleCE - it is much nicer to edit files
with than Pocket Notepad !!

Many Thanks

Regards,

Fuzzyman