[PythonCE] RE: shutil import failure

Richard Deeley r_deeley at yahoo.com
Mon May 10 12:53:19 EDT 2004

Isr,

A postscript to all this: I followed one of the links in your
other mail and downloaded a 2.3 version. It's directory structure
is a little different from the 2.2 version I had. For example, the
2.3 version has a DLLs directory that 2.2 does not. (It also has
a _tkinter package). (It does not have a shutil.dll, though - so
the reference to that is still not solved)

It seems, by following the links, that the version at debris.demon.nl
is likely to be the 2.3 successor to 2.2 at murkworks, although both
seem to have the same origins (murkworks appears down at this writing)
Is that a correct interpretation ?

It would be handy if the mailing list had a link to a one page summary
of what is where and the status of the releases (as a bonus it may cut
down on email traffic too because if 2.3 is the true successor, then
no need to try to fix 2.2).

Richard.