[PythonCE] pcceshell with support for input() and raw_input()

Voidspace mike at pcblokes.com
Tue Jul 20 15:54:46 CEST 2004

Isr Gish wrote:

>I finally figured out that I need to also put the name of the file of pcceshell as the 2nd parameter. (was looking a little at the source code in python.c "don't understand much* but trried anyway".).
>Now I see that it gets imported, but it still closes down as soon as it finishes importing.
>
>Please help with this I realy need to be able to use input() and raw_input() funcs.
>
>Idealy it would be much better if we could have those funcs to work in the new shell.
>
>Thanks in addvance
>All the best,
>Isr

I quite agree.
I got the new distribution working - I did have the first version of
2.3.4 not the fixed one.. so redownloading it solved my problems.

*However* - the new funky version closes the shell down as soon as a
program has exited... the Tkinter distribution is (IMHO) still
experimental... so we don't have a way of pausing the output of a script
and actually viewing the result..

There was a hack to add raw_input on the wiki.....................
It would be a *really* useful feature - user interaction on the pocketpc
is basically impossible without it......

Regards,

Fuzz

http://www.Voidspace.org.uk
The Place where headspace meets cyberspace. Online resource site - covering science, technology, computing, cyberpunk, psychology, spirituality, fiction and more.

---
http://www.Voidspace.org.uk/atlantibots/pythonutils.html
Python utilities, modules and apps.
Including Nanagram, Dirwatcher and more.
---
http://www.fuchsiashockz.co.uk