[PythonCE] Q: still problem with Tkinter

Ralf Ackermann rac at KOM.tu-darmstadt.de
Sun Jul 18 15:46:32 CEST 2004

Hello,

even though I have followed the thread on the options for installation of
the newest (2.3.4, downloads as of 7/12/04) Python for ARM distriution -
unfortunately I still fail to use TKinter (gives me a failure with the
from Tkinter import * already).

I've only used files downloaded from
	http://fore.validus.com/~kashtan/

I've placed the unpacked content from the downloaded zip file in
	\Program Files\Python\Lib
and the content of the Tkinter zip archive beneath the toplevel.
	=> puts tcl8.4.3 directory in parallel to My Documents,
		Windows ...
	and puts 3 DLLs (celib.dll, tk84.dll, tcl84.dll) in the
		Windows subdir

What do I miss? Any hint from somebody who suceeded with Tkinter usage
(either in interactive mode or from a .py source) would be very helpful.

Best regards
 Ralf

Dr. Ralf Ackermann            _         rac at KOM.tu-darmstadt.de
Multimedia Communications |/ | | |\/|           Merckstrasse 25
                          |\ |_| |  |  64283 Darmstadt, Germany
Tel.: (+49) 6151 16-6138                Fax: (+49) 6151 16-6152