[PythonCE] Re: Python 2.3.4 Installed to Storage Card

Voidspace mike at pcblokes.com
Wed Jul 14 10:49:11 CEST 2004

David L. Kashtan wrote:

>>"\Storage Card\Program Files\Python\python.exe" %1
>>

>It needs to be:
>
>"\Storage Card\Program Files\Python\python.exe" "%1"
>
>David

Hmm.....
I certainly get a different error message when I do this !!

Traceback (innermost last):
exceptions.ImportError: No module named \feconv.py

*or*

Traceback (innermost last):
exceptions.ImportError: No module named \Storage
Card\PP\cgi-shell\cgi-shell.py

Which is odd... because it knows where it's supposed to be looking !!

In actual fact, if I copy the whole installation to '\Program
Files\Python\' and edit the registry entry appropriately and I get the
*same* error.
Which is odd - because other people are reporting that it works fine.

*Damn* - what am I doing wrong, why does nothing ever work for me :-)
Oh well.

Any suggestions ?

What I actually have is an entry for .py, .pyc and .pyw in
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT - showing content type pyfile
I then have a definition for pyfile, also in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT,
pyfile/Shell/Open/Command/(default) is set to "\Program
Files\Python\python.exe" "%1"

Reagrds,

Fuzzy

--

http://www.Voidspace.org.uk
The Place where headspace meets cyberspace. Online resource site - covering science, technology, computing, cyberpunk, psychology, spirituality, fiction and more.

---
http://www.Voidspace.org.uk/atlantibots/pythonutils.html
Python utilities, modules and apps.
Including Nanagram, Dirwatcher and more.
---
http://www.fuchsiashockz.co.uk