[PythonCE] Python on Axim v50 / XScale

Voidspace mike at pcblokes.com
Mon Dec 13 14:21:14 CET 2004

Hello Bryan,

Python on windows CE works well... but not you have *two* problems.

I would call the python port 'experimental'. The core language works
very well - but the user interface is ropey. This means there is *no*
production code (that I'm aware of anyway) using python for CE and
writing your own stuff is 'interesting'. It's great for hacking though.

Regards,

Fuzzy

Isr Gish wrote:

>Bryan Siegfried wrote
>    >I am switching from Palm to Pocket PC.  For my job (physician), there
>   >are several resources for the PocketPC, but there are a few things
>   >sorely missing.  Mainly, there3 is now free medical calculator, no ABG
>   >calculator, and no pregnancy wheel program...at least none are available
>   >as freeware/GPL/etc.
>   >
>   >I would like to write one of these (or all of them).  It's not kernel
>   >hacking, I should be able to muddle my way through, but I don't have a
>   >good development environment picked out.
>   >
>   >I have seen people go both ways on python compatibility with xscale.
>   >Are other people running it on their Xscale processors,a nd
>   >specifically, their Axims?
>
>Well I'm using Python on a ipaq with a xscale proccessor without an problems.
>
>   >
>   >Thanks,
>   >Bryan
>   >martalli AT madisontelco.com
>   >
>   >_______________________________________________
>   >PythonCE mailing list
>   >PythonCE at python.org

http://www.Voidspace.org.uk
The Place where headspace meets cyberspace. Online resource site - covering science, technology, computing, cyberpunk, psychology, spirituality, fiction and more.

---
http://www.Voidspace.org.uk/atlantibots/pythonutils.html
Python utilities, modules and apps.
Including Nanagram, Dirwatcher and more.
---
http://www.fuchsiashockz.co.uk