[PythonCE] Python & Xscale

p m pythonmrm@yahoo.co.uk
Sun, 18 May 2003 09:24:18 +0100 (BST)

--0-1589666860-1053246258=:5743

I am a new programmer (java), wanting to learn Python, on a pocket PC. I have found a surprising lack of information on this subject on the internet, despite several attempts to find clear information. Please forgive me if my questions highlight my ignorance on the subject matter.

My questions are:

1) Does the Python environment work on PPC 2002 with an xscale processor (e.g. Dell Axim X5) - if yes:
- anyone actually tried this and succeeded?
- any advice on links to installation instructions for this processor & OS or anyone prepared to share their experience?
2) can Python code actually be programmed AND run on the Pocket PC?
Regards and thanks.

---------------------------------

--0-1589666860-1053246258=:5743

<DIV>I am a new programmer (java), wanting to learn Python, on a pocket PC. I have found a surprising lack of information on this subject on the internet, despite several attempts to find clear information. Please forgive me if my questions highlight my ignorance on the subject matter.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>My questions are:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>1)&nbsp;Does the Python environment work on PPC 2002 with an xscale processor (e.g. Dell Axim X5) - if yes:</DIV>
<DIV>-&nbsp;anyone actually&nbsp;tried this and succeeded?&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>- any advice on links to installation instructions for this processor &amp; OS or anyone prepared to share their experience?</DIV>
<DIV>2) can Python code actually be programmed AND run on the Pocket PC?</DIV>
<DIV>Regards and thanks.</DIV>
<DIV>M</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
--0-1589666860-1053246258=:5743--