[PythonCE] Is There a Version 2.3 For HPC 2000

Stephen Brown sbrown at skyesystems.com
Mon Dec 1 10:35:00 EST 2003

Forgot to address this one correctly to the group.

I have a Jornada 720 with the ARM processor.  When I try to run the 2.3
version, it asks for components that are not part of the HPC2000 build.
If I place the POcket PC file called aygshell.dll in the python
directory (one of several tricks to get a Pocket PC program to run on a
HPC) the program launches a console woth the error "import site' failed
use -v for traceback.  Then a Python error dialog box appears with the
message " Traceback (innermost last): exceptions indentation error
(expected an iindented block', \\\Storage
Card\\Programs\\Python\\pcceshell.py' 98, 3, 'try,:\n'))

Then of course it freezes with the hour glass still running.  I think
the error relates the the pcceshell.py not handling spaces as reported
earlier.  I shall try the fix posted.  I am using the pcceshell.py from
the 2.2+ HPC build.  I have also loaded the files which are included in
the 2.3 pcceshell.zip but there isn't any specific file with the name
pcceshell.py.

The dialog box that appears is the size of a Pocket PC dialog box.

Would I do bettter to re-install 2.2+ for HPC200 and simply copy over
the 2.3 files along with the appropriate registry changes and fix for
pcceshell.py?

Regards,