[PythonCE] Minor update for PythonCE2.2+ HPC2000

goodey27@juno.com goodey27@juno.com
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 15:57:47 -0400

Would these files and changes also work on PocketPC

Isr

On Sun, 13 Oct 2002 11:14:26 -0700 (PDT) Telion <telionce@yahoo.com>
writes:

> I made a patched pydoc.py and and pdb.py
> that will run better.
>
> Previously, pydoc.py crashed PythonCE2.2+ HPC2000
> when you do help('if') or other topic in string form.
> It was due to possible bug in _sre module.
>
> If you had similar problem in PPC version of PythonCE2.2+,
> probably this will solve that, too.
>
> Small change in pdb.py is for pdb.help().
>  On PPC, lack of os.system would prevent you from using this
> function.
>  On HPC, lack of ${PAGER-man} caused problem.
> Now, if os.system fails, pdb.help() will simply print everything
> on your interpreter console.
>
> Other than that, I added commented entries for os.environ setting
> in the site.py.
> You need this for a few things.
>
> example:
>
>  If you downloaded and placed Python's Current documentation package
>  somewhere other than sys.prefix\doc, you have to specify the path
>  os.environ['PYTHONDOCS'] for pydoc help().
>
> pydoc's help() may take a few minutes to compile its component
> for the first start up, but it is very helpful.
>
> For more details and updated files, visit;

http://www.murkworks.com/Research/Python/PythonCE/PythonCEWiki/Update-02-
10-12-HPC2000