[PythonCE] Toshoba e330 Python fpr Pocket PC with Xscale

Javier ppcquicksoft@iespana.es
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 18:06:42 +0200

All,

XScale is binary compatible with ARM. So any application targetted at ARM=20
machines will run on XScale ones.

There is little difference beyond cosmetics between PPC 2002 and PPC 2000.=
=20
Again, any application targetted at PPC 2000 will run surely under PPC=20
2002. The way around may present some issues, specially on mail related=20
applications and applications accessing users databases via POOM.

Cheers

Javier

P.S. The normal Python22.dll build runs perfectly under 2000 and 2002. I=20
use them both!

At 05:34 12/10/2002 -0700, Telion wrote:

>--- Matthias <dr.mnagel@t-online.de> wrote:
> > I have a Toshiba PPC e330.
> > Exist a binary for Xscale?
> >
> > Thanks in Advance.
> >
> > Matthias Nagel
> >

>Hi Mattias,
>
>I don't know if somebody has already build PythonCE for PPC2002 or xscale.
>Right now, I don't have PPC2002 SDK on my eVT, and I can't build.
>
>I don't even know the exact difference and what we should do, yet.
>I have already too many things to learn.
>I think it's better if the owner of XScale device do the work.
>
>Any volunteer?
>Developement environment eVT3.0 is availablbe virtually FREE form MS.
>(I appreciate MS for this, and for source code of CE3.0)
>
>I was a brand new novice for Python and Win32 programming
>when I started last year.
>So, it's not that difficult. (It may not be easy, either)
>
>I'm wondering why these MS people who showed up here
>are not building and sending patch for PPC2002.
>It should be a piece of cake for these guys.
>

>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
>Telion
>- telionce@yahoo.com -
>http://pages.ccapcable.com/lac/PythonCE.html

_
>=BFBuscas amigos, gente con quien hablar?  =DAnete a los miles de sin=
 pareja que
>se registran cada d=EDa en Meetic...=A1te vas a enamorar!
>http://www.iespana.es/_reloc/email.meetic

Para recibir mejor tus mensajes, utiliza un PC más puntero! Aprovéchate de
las mejores ofertas que Dell te propone en exclusiva en i (españa)
http://www.iespana.es/_reloc/email.dell