[PythonCE] Open File dialog example

Aaron J Reichow reic0024@d.umn.edu
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 13:50:02 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Telion wrote:

> PythonCE does not have very easy GUI. But Why?
> It's simply because NOBODY ported them to CE, yet.

I'm not talking about doing a port of an *extra* toolkit, like Tk or Fltk.
That would be a lot of work and result in huge slow libs.

Anyone looked into Anygui (http://anygui.sf.net) or
PythonWin (http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/win32)?  WinCE is a
*SUBSET* of the regular Windows Win32 API.  PythonWin should be adaptable
to it.  But as I've said, I'm not Windoze or Python guru.

> So if you really want to use nice and easy GUI,
> please contribute something toward it.

I already have a way to create nice and easy GUIs for WinCE using Squeak
Smalltalk, as I mentioned.  But with options available like PythonWin that
wrap the win32gui/api module (does it?) it should be pretty doable to do a
little (non-trvial) editing, without having it be a huge ordeal.

> If there is a GUI stuff made for PocketScheme or other software,
> maybe Python can just make a call to the DLL.

PocketScheme has an interface to the Win32 API like Python does, no easier
to use, other than the aspects of the Scheme languge that are easier.

Regards, Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
"one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws"  :: m. l. king jr.