[PythonCE] Re: EOFError

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 19:17:22 -0400

Don't send your questions directly to me, send them to the pythonce list so all can
enjoy.

Anyway, raw_input won't work because there isn't a console mode on the Pocket PC.

You may notice that in win98, you have a DOS/Command window. There's no such
thing on the Pocket PC, you'll have to pop-up a dialog window to get input.

See Mark Hammond's "Python Programming on Win32" for details

On 26 Aug 2002 at 18:55, Joe Murray wrote:

> Hello Brad,
>
>  I recently installed Python on my PDA and when I try to do a raw_input()
>  command, I receive an
> EOFError. This works fine using ActivePython on a Windows 98 machine and I
> was wondering if there is a known workaround or a simple cofiguration
> change to correct this. I am new to Python but have some experience with
> Java and Perl. The machine is an Audiovox Maestrowth an arm processor
> running Pocket PC 2002. Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Joe

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
AOL-IM: BKClements