[PythonCAD] What is PythonCAD ?

Yagnesh Desai yndesai at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 12:53:42 CET 2010

Friends;

I think since we are going ahead with major restructuring
we must address this question.

The old defination of

" PythonCAD is a CAD package written, surprisingly enough, in Python "
needs more further addition

What is PythonCAD ?
- 2D/3D
- majority in Python (or with some part in C, C++)
- supports all renderer (or we can select only Cairo, selecting only
one renderer can ease some of coding issue but
makes us more dependent on the renderer project)
- Crossplatform (A must have)
- Scriptable (there is no macro function currently but yes it is
scriptable for advance python user)
- supports which file format as a policy (ie we will have to keep one
STANDARD file format for which we will
provide plugin out of box, dxf is not open)

Some more questions can come to your mind and once we have
answered such Policy & Defination related questions we will have ease
in future.

- -
Best regards

Yagnesh Desai
Save a tree...please don't print this e-mail.