[PythonCAD] a few questions before my first commit

ml.cssoft at gmail.com ml.cssoft at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 19:28:21 CEST 2009

Hi Guys,
I have a few questions before my first commit to R37 branch.

Open/Save dialogs still use gtk.FileSelection and
we get DeprecationWarning. I am asking this because I don't own a Mac
(yet) and maybe it is here because of Mac users. As far as I know gtk
now supports native OS X dialogs, so there is no reason to use it.

In R37 main menu is strangely organized, view is in strange place. I
think it should be:
File Edit View Draw Modify Snap Dimension About
instead of:
File Edit Draw Modify View Snap Dimension About

I have, in my local repository, implemented simple toolbar. Code is not perfect, icons could and should be much better, but it's toolbar ;).
I future I plan to add option to change icon size (12,24,48).

If it is ok with you, I would like to commit this. Or maybe we should create new branch.

sorry for my bad English :(

And one bug report. In R37 you can't add child layer:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/srx/src/Python/PythonCad/dev/main/PythonCAD/Interface/Gtk/gtkimage.py", line 560, in __daEvent
    self.__ActiveSnapEvent(widget,event)
  File "/home/srx/src/Python/PythonCad/dev/main/PythonCAD/Interface/Gtk/gtkimage.py", line 1477, in __ActiveSnapEvent
    _dummyX,_dummyY,_responce = _sn.GetSnap(_x, _y,self.__tolerance)
  File "/home/srx/src/Python/PythonCad/dev/main/PythonCAD/Generic/snap.py", line 62, in GetSnap
    _X,_Y,found=self.GetEnd(_x,_y,t)
  File "/home/srx/src/Python/PythonCad/dev/main/PythonCAD/Generic/snap.py", line 126, in GetEnd
    _hits = _layer.mapCoords(_x, _y, tolerance=_t, types=_types)
NameError: global name '_x' is not defined