[PythonCAD] R: Re: PythonCAD should remain focused on 2D until complete

euro_ii at libero.it euro_ii at libero.it
Tue Dec 1 20:03:54 CET 2009

Ok Guys ...

I do not like Autocad at All... it's an old slow program ...

If
you try GBG DraftMaker M10  FreeToDesing you can understand what is a good
mecanical 2d cad ....

For my point of view, we have to think at what feature
really help the user do develop a fast 2d drawing...
Actually 90% of the
Mechanical parts need a 2d Drawing to be done ...( OK most of this caming from
3d )..
Actually all the opensource 3d program have a very beed 2d parts ...(May
be they need PythonCad)

So i think that we need to explore in deep the
iso/ansi/jis standards and put as mutch as possible in PythonCad.

I like the
user interface like it is ...
Of course we need a toolbar .. as Gertwin suggest
a configurable palette will be a good idea ...Most the people that use Autocad
have thousend of icons on the application, but they most used are 4/5 of it..

Now me and the developer team have started the R38 version ...

We can decide
all togheder witch feature to implement for that version.

I think that we can
start to think at the user interface for the R40 ......

Thanks
Matteo

16.04
>A: "Glenn Meader"<glenn at chromakinetics.com>
>Cc: <pythoncad at python.org>

>Ogg: Re: [PythonCAD] PythonCAD should remain focused on 2D until complete

completely agree with Glenn.

at 3:54 PM, Glenn Meader <glenn at chromakinetics.com> wrote:
>> Interesting
suggestions on 3D, embedding, etc. -- but there is so much work
>> to do just
to make a decent 2D CAD tool!

>> Look at the feature request list on the
Wiki:

>> http://morgul.no-ip.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=feature_requests

After basic 2D functionality is complete, it would be nice to have a better

user-interface with toolbar, right-click menus and more information about

what's happening being displayed.

>> AutoCAD has an old, poor user
interface. I'd like to see a modern, well
>> thought out UI, perhaps like
Vectorworks.

PythonCAD at python.org