[PythonCAD] PythonCAD development slowdown explanation

Art Haas ahaas at airmail.net
Sun Jul 29 16:07:12 CEST 2007

Hi.

Anyone checking the list over the last month has noticed I've not sent
out many emails, and people doing 'git pull' or 'svn update' on their
PythonCAD repos have seen no new changes. Here's the story - I now have
a full time job and consequently much less time to work on PythonCAD.
The periodic contract work I'd been doing over the last year had been
a nice supplement to my finances, but the bills don't stop when there
is no work scheduled, and continually pulling money out of savings had
become an option that was not going to continue to work.

It took about five months to finally find a job, and I started working
in the beginning of July. What I'm hoping to do is fiddle around with
PythonCAD on the weekends as time permits, plus occasional work during
the evenings after work. As I wrote above, though, I have significantly
less time to work on the program, regardless of the day of the week.

There were a couple of patches applied in the beginning/middle of June
that corrected a few bugs in the last release, and since they've been
applied I've done very little. What I'll try to do now is aim for
quarterly releases, so maybe the next release will appear in September.

Art Haas