[PythonCAD] printing output size

John Griessen john_g at cibolo.com
Sun May 14 21:43:09 CEST 2006

I'd like to be able to create boilerplate drawing outlines,
(that I can vary the content of with some python scripts),
then draw at 1:1 or 2:1 or 4:1 on another layer so that the drawing outline is
unchanged.   For one outline the size to print at would be US letter, another
the size to print at would be 11 X 17 inches, etc.   Changing the drawing scale
would have no impact on the other layer -- the drawing outline form.  It should
be possible to show 1/4 of a 1:1 scaled drawing that would cover 11 X 17 inches
full scale locating the 1:1 origin on the 8.5 X 11 page and clipping what
extends beyond a view area.  View area could be defined by a box that shows what
is inside it and not what is outside it, and designated by 2 points in corners.

It's just the usual drafting stuff.  It's necessary to
show people printed docs at different scales
for rapidly conveying meaning.

John Griessen