[PythonCAD] 'python setup.py install' fails

Wilbert Knol w.knol at niwa.co.nz
Mon May 1 22:48:58 CEST 2006

After migrated to Debian Sarge 3.1, the recommended pythoncad install
procedure produces this error message:

wk:/home/wk/pythoncad# whoami
root
wk:/home/wk/pythoncad# python setup.py install
running install
error: invalid Python installation: unable to
open /usr/lib/python2.3/config/Makefile (No such file or directory)
wk:/home/wk/pythoncad#

It looks as if something is missing in my python setup....not sure what.

Do I absolutely need to run the 'python setup.py install' command?
Pyhtoncad runs quite happily without it if I execute './gtkpycad.py'.

Wilbert.