[PythonCAD] Problem with entity transfer code and other news

Art Haas ahaas at airmail.net
Mon Mar 13 19:54:55 CET 2006

Hi.

I've been trying to fix the problem in transferring entities between
layers where Dimension entities become invalid, and it seems like the
change I made to the delObject() Layer method is a poor approach. The
method was changed so that deleted objects do not have to have
a finish() method invocation if delObject() is called with an
optional 'False' argument, leaving the entity with whatever values/users
it had while disconnecting from the storing layer. The trouble is when
doing an undo/redo operation, delObject() is called without the optional
argument, so finish() gets invoked, and things get messed up.

I have a couple of ideas on how to fix this, and I'll be testing them
over the next few days. When I hit on a solution I like I'll send a
message out to the list.

In other news, I find myself once again having to move, probably by the
end of April at the latest, so my work may be a bit sporadic for the
next couple of weeks. If I can fix the transfer problem I will probably
make a release so that the improved transfer code plus the bug fixes
I sent patches out will be available in the latest release, and then
I can deal with moving issues.

Art