[PythonCAD] patch for exact printing

Art Haas ahaas at airmail.net
Wed Jun 28 19:30:31 CEST 2006

On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 11:08:44AM -0400, Russ Nelson wrote:
> I plan to create some parts by printing to sticky paper, sticking the
> paper directly to the raw material, and then cutting the part out.
> Thus, I need "Exact" scale printing, so that something drawn 10cm x
> 10cm gets printed at 10cm x 10cm regardless of the size of the paper.
> Units are taking into account, so that a 1" x 1" square is drawn at
> that size also.
>
> Note that most printers can't do edge-to-edge printing, so you
> probably shouldn't draw your part at 0,0.  The exact printing area is
> printer-dependent, so count on leaving a margin.

I've applied the patch. Thanks!

I don't know just how much usage printing in PythonCAD has received, so
problems like you've faced are likely to affect other users. When the
GTK+-2.10 release appears with printing support built in, I will try
to utilize the new routines when possible, and I'm hoping that printing
abilitiies will improve. I'll still keep the PostScript printing code
around for people not using the new release, which will be the majority
of users for a good while.

Art Haas