[PythonCAD] Goals for next release

Art Haas ahaas at airmail.net
Mon Jul 10 22:03:54 CEST 2006

Hi.

Now that the thirty-third release is out, it's time to start on making
the changes which will be in the next release. I've already committed
various cleanups to the code which remove lots of duplicated calls
in functions needing to get the Image instance from within a GTKImage
instance. The changes are at the public repo and are just an 'svn
update' away. I've also removed some commented-out redraw() calls
and some deprecated calls in the GTKImage class as well.

I'll be fixing various display issues as they are found, and I'm certain
that a few will be. One new feature I'd like the next release to have
is to tie into the new printing abilities in the latest GTK+ release,
and I'd also like to try and use Cairo drawing routines if they
are available. It would be nice to improve the storing of user
preferences, something PythonCAD has never done well.

Art