[PythonCAD] New entity moving code available

Art Haas ahaas at airmail.net
Tue Jan 10 22:50:10 CET 2006

Hi.

It took longer than I'd hoped, but I've checked in my rewrite of the
entity moving code. The new code uses the entity move() methods whenever
possible, as well as other routines not available when the code was
initially written. I've also adjusted the code so that move operations
are now both 'select->act' as well as 'act->select', similar to last
month's changes to mirroring operations. The move code still needs to
handle moving chamfers and fillets, so I'll be working on that, but
people wanting to try out these changes should do an 'svn update'
and let me know what you think. A few bugs are likely to crop up as
various move actions are attempted, but I like how the new code works
and think it is better than the previous approach.

As I wrote last month, I'll be changing other entity modification
routines so that they work in both 'select->act' as well as
'act->select' modes, and I'd like to make a release at the end of
the month still. We'll see how things go over the next week or two.

Art