[PythonCAD] Moving objects breaks dimensions

Art Haas ahaas at airmail.net
Fri Feb 10 18:48:34 CET 2006

On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 05:05:11PM +1300, Wilbert Knol wrote:
> I have just done 'svn update' to revision 2158.
>
> Test driving this revision (as well as previous revisions) I find that
> moving objects that have dimensions attached to them doesn't work
> properly. The end points of the dimension line get moved, along with
> the object (a rectangle) but the center of the dim. line along with
> the value stays behind.

This behavior is by design, but it may not be what is expected. Moving a
dimension is really just moving the dimension text DimString entities,
so things have been coded so that moving the points in some entity does
not automagically move the DimStrings of associated dimensions. It could
be time to reassess this decision ...

> I see that this revision (and previous ones)  of Pythoncad pumps out
> copious amounts of 'SDB Debug' lines. If Stuart's patches haven't
> been incorporated into Pythoncad, then this would indicate that there
> is some funny business going on with my code.
>
> The svn update was successfull as per below:
>
> [wk at wk pythoncad]$ svn update
> U  pythoncad.spec
> U  www/download.html
> U  www/index.html
> U  www/checklist.html
> U  setup.py
> U  PythonCAD/Interface/Gtk/gtkmodify.py
> U  PythonCAD/Interface/Gtk/gtkmenus.py
> U  PythonCAD/Generic/tools.py
> U  PythonCAD/Generic/move.py
> U  PythonCAD/Generic/layer.py
> U  PythonCAD/Generic/dimension.py
> U  PythonCAD/Generic/transfer.py
> U  gtkpycad.py
> U  TODO
> U  NEWS
> Updated to revision 2158.
> [wk at wk pythoncad]$

There are no notices of merge conflicts or other oddities, so it looks
like your subversion repo is in good shape.

Art