[PythonCAD] About the website and documentation

José Antonio Martín Prieto jantonio.martin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 21:17:07 CET 2006

Hi,
making the new design for the pythoncad website was only a temporary
measure to dress with some color the old site. I think that the next
step should be giving the website more life and activity. Instead of
editing the html files in the repo, I would use a CMS. Maybe we can
use some simple blogging system like "Wordpress" (I think this is a
good option) or something more powerful like "Joomla" or "Drupal".

Moreover, I like the idea of Yagnesh about using a Wiki to provide the
project a useful documentation. We could use something simple like
"Docuwiki" or something more powerful like "Mediawiki".

If you like these ideas, I will work on them. As I made with the
website design, I can install some samples and proposals in my server
so that we can talk about it.

Also, I would like to know whether in the server where pythoncad.org
is hosted we could install such systems. If not, maybe we could look
for some free hosting for open source projects or look for donations.

Regards,
Jose Antonio

P.S. I think that the last version of the logo (you can see it in
http://lakamarilla.no-ip.com/~martinp/pythoncad/images/pythoncad_logo.png)
is better than the current one. I changed it following the suggestions
of somebody in this list. I don't know if you (Art) have used the
first one because you prefer it or because you don't had the last one.

--
"In a world without frontiers, who needs Gates and Windows?