[PythonCAD] PythonCAD Digest 3D

NickW elecnic at comcast.net
Sun Dec 17 22:31:48 CET 2006

>I also wanted to know the direction the pythoncad would take
>for the future . . . ie will there be 3D objects incorporated
in it or any .dwg and .dgn support

That is a plan. I've run this program, autocad, casmate, beta pagemaker
with rotating line input formats and another auto design prog. I know
it's possible and the steps following acceptance of deliverables is
crucial to answering your question.

Tooling is another challenge that will likely take form outside
pythoncad but fits with its goals. What if you have a program that makes
tool call outs, for example, and run cnc? I've asked Art Haas about this
-- no response.

I'm in the engine block, dimensioning & tolerances and rocket science
group. We are open source.

>There are basic functions available in it while I miss the Snapping
>part a lot.

Do you mean snap to a straight line or bezier curve? When crafting lines
in the operating environment I believe line and curve are two actions
following generation of a routine. Its job is to accept input, plot and
report x and y where you're shaping or cutting.

I'm in the West. Oregon, USA. Are you from the Middle East or India, sir?
Nick